Entries in unclesammc (4)
This is gonna be a crazy show! I'll be performing a ton of songs off of Live Free or Die & I've got some killer acts coming to rock with me as well. Get there right at 8 though- we're starting this thing early so that I can be offstage early enough to party with you maniacs before last call.
And if that doesn't sound awesome enough, I'll also be giving away a pair of Bruins tickets to one lucky fan.
See you there!
2012 was a thoroughly kick-ass year for Uncle Sam & hip-hop in general. It was really the first year that I flipped the switch from rhyming as a hobby to truly pursuing it as an art form and a career that I can stake my legacy to. None of this would have been possible without the support from YOU, my fans though. So as we start a new year & a new chapter in this journey, let’s take a moment to reflect on the past.
- The Learning: 2012 marked the release of the first official Uncle Sam music video, to accompany the freestyle over the Mobb Deep song of the same name. Havoc’s one of the most underrated producer’s of all time. I plan on working with him personally one day.
- Live For Today: Speaking of producers, last fall I released the first song my main collaborator, Pastime, and I recorded together. This track not only launched a successful musical relationship, but speaks to my outlook on life and the foundation for my motivation. Don't put off for tomorrow.
- The Knitting Factory: This was probably my favorite moment of the year. My first real show, and it was at the famous Knitting Factory in Brooklyn. A lot of you came out & we tore it up, highlighted by this sing-a-long to Get With It. Can’t wait to come back & do it again.
- Just Hip-Hop's Launch: There’s tons of great hip-hop out there, and the genre’s constantly evolving. As fans, we only have so much time though. JHH isn't a website, so much as a constantly evolving (and interactive) playlist of dope hip-hop, both new and old.
- Live Free or Die: My debut & the foundation we're building off as we head into the future. They say the first step is always the hardest. Well now that that's out of the way, let's get this thing moving.
I haven't been this excited about a new year in a while now. 2013 is gonna be a wild one.
Yo - check out this new one I just banged out over the weekend as part of a contest Alchemist is holding. Whoever he's feeling the most over this instrumental wins an opportunity to work with him on an original project. I'm a big fan and this would be a great experience, so I put a lot into this one. Win or lose, I'm proud of how it came out. So bump that shit & put the word out. Let me know what you think too.
UPDATE: Unfortunately I did not win the contest, so I've taken the video down. If you missed it don't worry- the bars were too hot to put away for good. I'm sure they'll resurface again down the road...